Villa Victoria Academy is a Catholic, private, independent school owned and operated by the Religious Teachers Filippini. St. Lucy Filippini founded this religious order of Sisters in Montefiascone, Italy at the end of the seventeenth century. Since that time, the Filippini Sisters have eagerly followed St. Lucy's instructions to "Go and Teach".
In 1910, five Filippini sisters arrived in the United States, settling in Trenton, NJ. As the ministry of the Filippini sisters prospered, the bishop of Trenton at the time, Most Reverend Thomas Joseph Walsh, dedicated himself whole-heartedly to the development of their institute.
With the help of a New York businessman, James Cox Brady, Bishop Walsh was able to purchase the Fisk Estate in the suburb of West Trenton in 1920. Soon after the purchase of the estate, it was renamed and dedicated Villa Victoria after Mr. Brady's late wife, Victoria May Pery Brady. The forty-four acre estate and the building that stood upon it were donated to the Religious Teachers Filippini to be used as the Motherhouse and Novitiate for their American Province. In 1933, Villa Victoria Academy was formally christened as a private academy.
Villa Victoria Academy has grown and flourished into a progressive institute of learning at both the primary and secondary levels. Villa Victoria Academy strives to seek out and cultivate the distinct gifts of each student in her care. This thirst for knowledge and innovation is balanced by a high regard for Villa Victoria Academy's long-standing tradition of excellence in education.
Villa Victoria Academy